"Remote User Profile management over local area networks, as simple as it gets".
With the latest tool from EhlerTech you can now easily backup and restore User Profiles over LAN, from your own PC.
UPC is specifically built to utilize the advantages of having PC's in an Active Directory. Listing of PC's, network storage, Local Administrative access etc.
UPC creates centrally stored User Profile backups in a "\PC-name\date\" folder structure, making everyday usage extremely simple. You can backup any profile from any PC, even while the user is logged on, and restore the profile to any other PC. Restoring to other user is equally simple.
With UPC you can backup and restore profiles:
- from one PC to another,
- from a local account to a Domain profile and vice versa,
- from one user profile to another and
- even from one OS to another.
Just install User Profile Center (UPC) on a Windows 10 or Windows 11 Domain PC and setup a central storage location.
- Please note that remote access to PC's does involve some preparation, so please read the prerequisites section in the user guide before purchasing..
UPC utilizes Microsoft's reference tool USMT - User State Migration Tool.
USMT migrates application settings (but NOT the applications!), mails, documents, browser favorites, desktop content and certificates, amongst other things...
Download link and activation serial will be sent within 12 hours of purchase.
New v. 2.5 feature release
Several improvements come with the latest release of User Profile Central (UPC).
When entering/selecting a PC you can now just use quick switches like "only users logged in within the last 10/30/60 days" and/or "Ignore local user"
and start the backup right away. The option to detect the specific users are of course still available.
- Note that you will still be offered a list of users to restore when selecting the backup repository.
Using MigUser_Profile_only.xml also greatly improves speed as MigUser_Profile_only.xml does not scan the drive outside the users profile for files.
- Please use with care as user files stored outside the users profile will not be found and backed up.
The Log monitor has been completely rewritten into a multi-threaded function, making the log monitor more resilient to temporarily inaccessible logs.
VHD disk backup feature
UPC can now create a full disk backup running simultaneously with the user profile backup
- Giving you a "last resort" option to dig out some forgotten user data, even after the PC has ben ditched or reinstalled
Offline mode log
UPC can now be closed/restarted while backups or restores are running
When reopened, UPC will pick up monitoring the backups and restores that ran when UPC closed, and show progress/completion.
In the top menu Logs you can now go back and see all backups and restores previously carried out (from when v. 2.2 is installed and onwards).
EhlerTech and USMTGUI cannot be held liable for any lacking abilities to migrate users and settings as MS USMT handles the migration process.
- User Profile Central is just a GUI to USMT.
At rare occasions you can experience erratic functionality.
In case users cannot be detected or UPC has other unwanted behavior, please read on.